Cloudbreaker Alliance Playtest Change Log
Last Update: 1-December-2023
Cloudbreaker Alliance Playtest Change Log
Return to Playtest Materials page here.
Change Log V0.87 (1-December-2023 Latest)
- Latch Manuever now allows you to move between targets on the same unit you’re latching onto with minor action if it’s within your movement range. One minor action to move between targets in the same zone or to a target 1 zone way. You can move and latch onto another target on the same unit without needing to roll if it’s within your movement range.
- Thirty new monsters added, and there are 60 playtestable monsters now. Most new additions are Fiends and Undeads with animal stat blocks for reference. Arcanoid and Cinderblighted monsters are coming in future updates.
- Monster Roles added to stats block.
- Monster upgrade conversion rules added.
- Horde Creation Rules added.
Change Log V0.86b
- Assassin - Assassinate can use any attacks, including ranged & spells, but teleported into the same zone as target.
- Brute - Interposes no longer provoke opportunity strikes & count towards max movement range.
- Commander - Can allow enemies to target vehicle
- Champion - Clarified that Relentless Challenger work for any target.
- Martial Artist (Tangling Rose) - Tangling hands can latch onto enemies too.
- Latch Cheap Shot Manuever added. Latch lets you be moved along with a larger creature.
Change Log V0.86 (15-October-2023 Latest)
- Clarify Opportunity Attack can’t be followed up.
- Clarify Effect rolls can’t Crit or Fumble.
- Fond Memories (30) can be used for Item Flashback feature. Allows you to retroactively purchase and bring an item.
- Minor rewrites of all Lifeform traits.
- Minor rewrites of all quirks traits.
- ALL SPELLCASTERS - enter combat & other critical situations with 3 spelllglyphs.
- Soldier - Machinarm expert deleted & rolled into Weapon Drill feature
- Soldier - Ranger class’s Adaptable Shot + allows for Run & Gun Feature
- Champion - Samurai adventuring abilities changed to Graceful Envoy.
- Champion - Templar adventuring abilities changed to Classical Education.
- Arcanist - Arcane Reflow slightly reworded, now prevent all damage & effect.
- Arcanist - Glamour Gear reworded & you can enter combat wearing it.
- Arcanist - Glamour Gear + allows instant change of spellgarb & attire (minor action).
- Trickster - Rogue Thief’s Instinct + changed from edge to +2.
- Channeler & other eidolon users - Eidolons can now be summoned & attack with major action.
- Channeler - Phantasms can also move whenever the channeler moves physically.
- Weapon Master - Deadshot can only mark targets once per turn, just like duelist.
- Martial Arcanist - Turn speed increased to 7
- Martial Arcanist - Glyph hand’s Combat Glyph + no longer requires minor action
- Dominion - Liveblade can only infuse mastered weapons. (clarification)
- Ciderblast damage has been converted to Weapon Damage
- Added Yoroi type heavy armor
- Added more Spell Garbs
- Ride rules for animals and PCs added
- Defensive Weapon tag renamed to Defensive armament
- Various corrections
- Added new High Spells: Redwood Uppercut, Unstoppable Arm, Immovable Armor
- Charge Major Action removed
- Monster Size corrected
- HP Multiplier Table corrected
Change Log V0.85c (12-September-2023)
- Maximum HP clarification
- Sage - Necromancer undead unit clarified
- Mirage - Puppeteer unit clarified
- Weapon Master - Duelist’s feature works with all melee attacks
- Dominion - Live Blade rewording
- Summon - unused text corrected, barrier removed & made cheaper.
- Banish - can only be directed at other targets before the starter.
- Form Ice - Ice Igloo lasts 12 hours.
- PC party combat rating text corrected
Change Log V0.85b (16-July-2023 Latest)
- Brute Turn Speed is corrected to 5. Had been previously been mistakenly set to 7.
- Added additional text to necromancer class, minor action required to move undead.
- Rapier’s dual wield tag is misplaced. It’s supposed to be for short swords. Combat cane is also a dual wield weapon now.
- Some monster stats fixup.
Change Log V0.85
- Expected task difficulty by Grade reworded.
- Feature names standardized to pluses for improvements (+, ++ and +++)
- Shield no longer its own mastery category, it’s not part of Medium or Heavy .etc weaponry.
- Champion - Class Protections and Aegis Shroud Spirit Burst received major overhauls. Mark of Challenge name changed to becomes Relentless Challenger
- Martial Artist - Tangling hands minor wording change & winding ways limited to 2 uses.
- Martial Arcanist - elemental form now lets you imbue damage & resistance separately.
- Thaumaturgist - Cosmic shift reworded, healer can use an item to heal already medicated target once a full rest.
- Arcanist - Arcane shift reworded
- Shield is rolled into Medium weapons
- Rapier is now a medium weapon
- Creating Double/Triple spellglyphs using spell catalyst requires mastery in spell catalyst
- Tiger Dance manual’s name changed to Pegasus Rampage
- More Limited Edition Machinarms added
- Spells no longer require to be cast by spell catalyst. Just needs a mastered weapon.
- The effects of the same spell cannot be stacked on the same target, only highest rank version takes effect.
- Spell Dampener changed to Effect Dampener
- Lightning Changed to 1 major attack and additional follow-up attacks.
- Retry changed to ignore previous roll & use new one, so that it can be used in succession.
- Charge Major Action added, to move & attack with melee weapon or make unarmed Combat attack.
- Monsters Attack Edge morale boost becomes Retry
- PC Combat Rating vs Danger Rating massively boosted.
- Monster creation rule added.
Change Log V0.84
- Bond Rank removed. Bond only use points now
- Bond rules changed. Bond only use points now
- Floralian’s Taste Test is changes to Sample Test, to allow testing on traps and other effects.
- Imaginary Friend Quirk changed
- Greedy Rank 1 Subquirk is updated, all party members gain 10% now.
- Brute - Defensive interpose reworded.
- Standard Items & Equipments can be sold back at half price.
- Summon & Banish spells fixed.
- Blind, maneuvers now last until the end of the next round.
- Rules on Max HP or MP change during rest clarified.
- Finale Rush (Optional Rule) added.
- Monsters can prevent afflictions from being applied using morale token.
- HAZARDS chapter added.
Change Log V0.83
- Troll - Static Sense trait is updated with some limitations
- Klutz Rank 1 Subquirk - is updated, preventing damage reduction
- Advanced Disciplines added
- Champion - Mark of Challenge + changed to Relentless Challenger
- Martial Artist - Changed Winding Ways to also provide edge on zone hazards
- Trickster - Rogue’s Master Thievery is Change to Thief’s Instinct
- Brute - Violent and Defensive interpose revamped.
- Rides added
- Rare Special Items added
- Combat Shield added to the shield list
- Crossbow’s name is change to ballista
- Shotgun is a Two-handed weapon & Pump action is reworded
- You can gain spirit token using your Major Action
- Apparition & Ruinarm monsters added
- Horde monster reworded
Change Log V0.82 (26-April-2023)
Download the Cloudbreaker Alliance playtest
- Thaumaturgist - Cosmic Profiling’s effect has been changed
- Arcanist - Arcane Profiling effect has been changed
- Analysis information has been added to skills and toolkits.
- Navigation Kit can be used to forage in Harsh Terrains.
CH 12B Playtest Monster Course Added